So you’ve created a great Overwolf app that many gamers love and use everyday. Now what?
Now you can start making money out of your amazing coding skills!
How it works
Earn revenue from in-app ads
Ads are an effective and easy way to generate revenue from your apps. Overwolf lets you easily add either video or display ads to your apps.
It’s super simple
- Select the type and size of ads you wish to work with, and determine where will they be displayed on your app (Please make sure you follow our Ads Policy).
- Overwolf will provide you with a short ad-serving code (AKA “one line solution”). Just copy-paste it into your app.
- Once you’re app is updated, ads will automatically be served to your app.
What kind of ads are available?
The following ad formats are currently available:
- Video – available in 300×250 and 400×300
- Display banners – 300×250 and 728×90
TL;DR – Forgivable Ads. In other words, don’t create an ad experience that you as a user would not tolerate.
Ads present a challenge, as nobody likes them, but they are very important to our economy. so we have to learn how to use them in the right balance.
Advertisers need to get continuous value from advertising on Overwolf, so to keep the CPMs high and to get more advertisers on the platform we need to provide a high quality experience. Avoid doing “funky” stuff, ask us directly if you have any doubts.
Refreshing ads is only allowed when switching between app’s windows, pages or tabs. Here you can see an example of a 728×90 ad that’s being refreshed on every page and tab change in the Legendary Builds app:
In general, we follow the industry standard which is called IAB. You can read more about it here.
We also scan our traffic with 3rd party anti-fraud tools to monitor our quality for any misalignments.
Dos and Don’ts
- Ads should appear while they are part of content/value or when content is about to be loaded. If the ad is part of a “notification” window, users should be able to close it with an X button
- Users should be able to easily understand that the ad is part of the app and not part of the UI of the Game
- Since we use outstream ads (no video content), ads should have a fixed/dedicated place as part of the UI of the app
- Ads should appear only when a user actively opened the relevant window (or if the window was set to auto-launch)
- Apps will make a single request for an ad for every user interaction. For example, when switching views, tabs, opening the app after it was closed or minimized etc.)
- Ads should not be hidden by any other element
- Once an ad was loaded, it needs to stay until the window is closed or minimized by the user
Sign me in!
Please contact us now at email@example.com, get an ad tag and start monetizing!